Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back in the USA


I am officially back in the country I call home (Good Ole America). However, I did take a piece of India with me that I will never forget. This adventure was eye opening and life changing. I will have stories to tell of this trip for the rest of my life; and I feel very fortunate to be apart of this adventure. I was amazed at the camaraderie with our fellow colleagues, the politeness and beauty of the Indian culture, and the overall sense of hope, determination, and grit that drives this historical country.


This drive and determination by the people of India is so alive and incredible that it reminds me of America in the past. Americans once had this drive and determination, but I have seen it slip, while the rest of the world catches up and will eventually pass us by. It is a sad fact, but one I feel very strongly about. If India keeps doing what I have seen it do over the past 14 days, the days of America being the major superpower will quickly come to an end. Hungrier countries are preparing much more for the future than we are. Globalization is here and we all need to accept it and be ready for many changes in the near future.
I have many stories that I will share with you all when I see you. If you ever have a chance to visit India, you will quickly realize why they call it "Incredible India".

All the best,

GB

No comments: